1) Taking Xander’s portrait in the backyard. 2) Taking a short break at work to enjoy the sunset from the roof. 3) Xander sleeping in. 4) Saying goodbye never gets any easier. 5) Erica showing off her carpenter skills. 6) Enjoying a candle-lit dinner… except the candles are blocking our view of each other. 7) #kickstartallofthethings !
photo by erica_hampton via instagram
I should have taken Xander’s portraits as soon as we got to LA for Xmas break. I took this the day before he had to go back to MI. He’s always a little impatient for photos, but he gets pretty grumpy the last few days before he knows we have to part. I like this, he made this face and I told him it was perfect… it was one of the only poses he would hold long enough for me to get the shot on my 4x5 :)
photo by erica_hampton via instagram
Only 10 more days until Xmas snuggles, kisses, nerf gun wars, Lego building, camping, ginger bread house making, Disneyland ride riding, bratty picture taking, movie watching, board game playing, story making,hugs and kisses and more hugs and kisses!
from sept 2010 through sept 2012 I recorded nearly everything in my day-to-day life. each week I took that footage and released a :49 second long video comprised of 7 individual clips, each clip being 7 seconds long.
the above video is the entire last year’s worth of those 7x7s trimmed down to 1 second per shot for 365 shots. if you’d like to watch the original 7x7s you can find them all here 7x7, and if you’d like to watch the 1st year’s 1x365 you can find that here.
1) Crawling into bed for the night… also, that’s my arm in the upper-frame, Erica wanted me to point that out… she thought it looked strange. 2) Curiosity lands safely!! 3) Xander and I goofing around while Erica picks up her color prints. 4) Despite my working at the office for over a year now, this was day one of my orientation. 5) Celebrating the day we first met at LACMA. 6) Earlier in the day Gino had burned his back on a seatbelt… which, because I have a twisted sense of humor, I found funny… here he is reacting. 7) Xander and Erica on their way to Michigan… it never gets any easier.
1) Xander playing with toys while I look for raspberry-jam. 2) Going down into the tunnels under Disney with Jim and Alex. 3) Xander grew a whole inch this summer! 4) Working on set. 5) Showing Xander Back to the Future for the first time. 6) The team was so excited to show Erica our short stop-motion pilot, and Erica missed the first two shots due to recording. 7) Meeting a friend for dinner.
1) Gino doing his impersonation of me at work. 2) Hipster-Maeby. 3) Playing with Legos at work… well, some of us were playing, others were having a bit of trouble. 4) Erica and Xander came to set to watch us working on a stop-motion-test pilot. 5) The lovely and talented Angeline came by to meet the rest of the team. 6) Going the extra mile. 7) Xander built an entire minecraft outfit - which he used to protect Erica from creepers.
1) Lan and Xander running away from creepers in minecraft. 2) Whit rebooting the xsan after I crashed it at work. 3) Looking at a strange negative that… well, didn’t appear to be negative. the entire rest of the film strip looked inverted, and then this one photo of Xander under a bridge seemed simply black-and-white. 4) showing the team goofy videos. 5) on our way back to the truck after batman. 6) doing timelapses of giant doors. 7) Xander’s favorite part of the Getty was the grass field and this little stream.
1) Xandering DJ’ing on the drive home from work. 2) Gino likes to do this thing at work where he turns over a new leaf… but instead of just figuratively, he draws a picture of a leaf on a piece of paper and then turns that over. 3) Xander letting Erica do all the hard-work of setting up his backyard tent - he really wanted to camp out under the stars. 4) Working on kusudamas in the garage. 5) Erica is going to kill me for using this clip, but still… this is us meeting Tiffani for the first time. Tiffani even gave Erica a hand-made hula-hoop… and Xander came up with a new dance move that involved shamu. 6) Typing up thank-you letters for 52 hertz. 7) Taking photos of an especially pretty sunset.