1) Erica, as per usual, talking me into buying pillow-things. She has an obsession. 2) Greg and I watching videos on suspended wave-structures. Filed under research. 3) This is Maeby does every morning. 4) Erica taking Gino’s 4x5. 5) Shenanigans at work. 6) Kickstarter meet up just before the Los Angeles Art Book Fair. 7) Sharing funny stories with Lan and Aaron.
1) Taking Xander’s portrait in the backyard. 2) Taking a short break at work to enjoy the sunset from the roof. 3) Xander sleeping in. 4) Saying goodbye never gets any easier. 5) Erica showing off her carpenter skills. 6) Enjoying a candle-lit dinner… except the candles are blocking our view of each other. 7) #kickstartallofthethings !
photo by erica_hampton via instagram
I should have taken Xander’s portraits as soon as we got to LA for Xmas break. I took this the day before he had to go back to MI. He’s always a little impatient for photos, but he gets pretty grumpy the last few days before he knows we have to part. I like this, he made this face and I told him it was perfect… it was one of the only poses he would hold long enough for me to get the shot on my 4x5 :)
Week 7 - Happy New Year!
I love living in L.A. I love that we are never lacking in places to explore. Just a 30 min. drive and we’re in the mountains. The mountains compete with the desert for our favorite place to be. During the holidays we are always lucky to get a generous break from work so we have lots of time to go adventuring!
I took this photo of Mike and Xander with my holga in the Angeles National Forest. We went on an afternoon adventure with our friend Gino and while we have been to these mountains a hand full of times we ventured down a new (to us) road that had the most amazing view of the city I’ve seen to date. So spectacular no pictures were taken that even came close to what it was like in person. If you’re in the area, you should go there!
Anyway, we’ve had a spectacular two week break. I hope you have too :)
1) Providing moral support while Erica developes large-format negatives. 2) I couldn’t bring myself to watch the gross popping-related video. 3) Erica teasing me. 4) Gino and Greg talking all-things technology. 5) Not quite one pull-up… but we’re working on that. 6) Old with the old, in with the new. 7) It’s HOT!!! is my favorite thing.
1) Tearing everything down - just so we can put it back together again. 2) Heading to Florida for the rest of the week for a Fantasyland press event. 3) I wish it had been longer, but I did get to see Dylan, James and my Mom for a few hours in EPCOT - they just so happened to be in town the same time! 4) Settling into my hotel room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. 5) Stopped in for literally 2 minutes to see Dylan and my Mom one more time before heading back to LA. 6) Will had been waiting all week to show me the Everest ride - such a fun ride! 7) Back home in LA - building Frank Lloyd Wright lego houses with Erica.
1) Working on story. 2) Racing through the tunnels downtown. 3) Picking up Erica at LAX - Maeby going crazy. 4) Cheetos make better candles than they do food. 5) Picking out our xmas tree at the lot. 6) Power move! 7) Enjoying another sunset from the roof at work.
1) Breaker has been especially cuddly in the mornings, every day when I wake up she’s got herself tucked right up against me. 2) Dropping Erica off at LAX very early in the morning. 3) Painting clay dinos that we made with an old-old cast. 4) Discussing big moves at work. 5) Heading home after Lincoln. 6) Left to our own devices. 7) Home alone for 4 days straight - making a special kind of mess in the kitchen.